Polyurea is 100% solids, making it compliant with VOC regulations. It can be used in various areas including corrosion protection, containment, membranes, linings and caulk. It can also be used in extreme conditions.
With impressive strength and adhesion characteristics, and the ability to resist abrasion and corrosion, Polyurea goes on fast and stays on long.
First developed in the early 80’s for use in the automotive industry due to their high strength and impact resistance, sprayable polyureas hit the market later that decade as a plura-component system that could be applied using less expensive, portable and commercially available equipment.
Today, IPI, Inc. uses polyurea applications to save clients time and money.
Polyurea is the most suitable coating when the following is required:
- High Curing Speed
- Application under high humidity and/or low temperatures
- Extreme abrasion resistance
- Impermeable membranes
- High thickness build up
- Chemical resistance
Advantages & Benefits
- No VOC’s and little to no odor
- Some systems are USDA and Potable Approved
- Weather tolerant: Cures at -25 F to >300 F even in high humidity
- Waterproof, Seamless and Resilient
- Unlimited mil thickness in one application
- Spray, hand mix and caulk grade materials
- Excellent Bond Strengths
- Resistant to various solvents, caustic and mild acids
- Low Permeability, Excellent Sustainability